Flooded Quarry Near Pt. Colborne

Technosis

Hi Guyz,

I used to fish this isolated quarry on Quarry road between Wainfleet and Pt Colborne. It was a fun place to take some kids since you could almost always count on getting some fish. I remember in the late summer landing a dozen or so nice bluegills.

All of the largemouth bass that I have caught there were quite small. It makes me wonder if the overall fish population is stunted due to lack of bait fish, etc.

I've heard of people landing some nice bass out of there, but in the words of one tackle retailer "they knew the spots". Now I'm not out to pillage anyone's prime spots, but does this quarry have the potential for big fish ???

Thanks,

Chris

Guest chilli

I'd say it has potential but I've never seen anything over 2 pounds. Great spot for the kids and swimming but watch out for the horse poop :lol: Also watch the no parking signs. There's a traffic enforcment guy that lives there and he makes a killing there.

like any body of water there will be a few decent sized fish ... however depending on the winter conditions there could be a reason for minimal size. in my pond we have had minimal luck wintering larger fish (15+ inches) however the small ones are near impossible to kill off.

also do the conidtions allow for a fish to grow (proper food/oxygen/light levels)

I used to fish at that Quarry for years, and I havent ever seen anything worth talking about.

The fishing has declined in that quarry over the years,

I tried it out a couple times last year and was skunked.

Archived