State of the Niagara

alexthegrrr8

I thought about heading out later this afternoon for some quality me time with my new Spey rod. After dropping my wife off at work I couldn't really gauge the situation from the brink as I always do. Too cloudy and misty. But judging from the hydro canal that passes under Mcleod could I interest anyone in a Mochacinno? Yeah.... I blew that spelling. The hydro canal and the river crossover pretty good for judging. I'll be going out just to practice on the Upper.

Alex

Is Port D more of the same?

Lake Erie is still large regular

Definitely agree with you there Chilli. I just got back from about 2 hours of practice and yeah... it made me wanna go through drive-thru.

Alex

Drifter:

Were you referring to Port D? Thanks.

Ya, Port Douglas, Australia :D

LOL... Nice!

Aussie and some Barramundi sounds nice to me.

I might have to take the new rod down to Port D it sounds like. I could be doing worse things like clean the house.

Alex

Water is getting better. Got one steelie today, but the wind was killer.

LOL... I hear ya about the wind. I was casting on the Upper annd to be honest had it been my 8wt trout rod (one hander) I wouldn't have bothered. With the Spey rod I was casting into the teeth of the wind no problem. I might have to hit Port D tomorrow or Thursday. The Niagara is screwed.... again.

Alex

Guest Ultyma316

We fished Pebbly yesterday and the clarity was almost perfect.

However the water level was extremely high.

Most of Pebbly was under water. I had to keep moving my gear back a few feet every 30 minutes cause the water kept rising.

BTW, that was my first walk down the treacherous goat path of doom to get down there... in the windy cold snow storm.. lol..

Archived