whirpool

Guest Fish4Life

Guest Fish4Life

I just bought a new rod at the Sportsman show and got the itch to go try it out. Has anybody been down to the whirpool, I saw in the previously posted pics that there were no ice flows, but is there big ice boulders on the shorelines? From being down there in the past those ice boulders are dangerous because they shatter. Thanks in advance.

Guest Cougar

The ice is really trecherous. But the water level was down this weekend so you could walk along the shore.

Fishing has been very slow with very few people catching anything. I had a 30" "something" that I will never be able to identify. It looks like a migratory brown but I saw some spots on its tail. It is not a rainbow, not a laker, nor an atlantic....

Guest FisherNick

Just a heads up.

I was there on Saturday morning and the ice was dangerous then, now its even worse. My buddy fell through a couple times on Sunday.

Be careful going out there.

Guest cplummer

the bows are late this year i would guess 2 weeks behind but with the warm spell comming up heads up they will come up the river in full force.

cliff...

Guest Fish4Life

I was at the pool on friday morning, there was about 8-10 people fishing, nobody got anything. The water was clear, with no ice flow.

Archived