check it out

johnnybanff

Thought Id upload a few pics from out west, fishing spots in and around Banff Alberta

Bow River near Seebe, an old ghost hamlet

asdfasdf.jpg

Creston BC, Going into Duck Lake, where lotsa people say the next Canadian record Largie will come from

8426_276074010340_518945340_9140535.jpg

untitled.jpg

6.8lbs, from Duck Lake

untitled5.jpg

untitled9.jpg

Bow River, at Banff, from top of Tunnel Mountain

untitled1111.jpg

untitled1414.jpg

I WANNA GO BACK!!!!!

continued....

Vermillion Lakes, just outside of Banff

untitled1474.jpg

Lake Minnewanka, outside Banff

untitled2.jpg

vfasdfgdfag.jpg

untitled1252.jpg

Moraine Lake, Valley of the Ten Peaks, just outside Lake Louise, the lake is the one that was on the back of the old 10 dollar bills

untitled3.jpg

untitled6.jpg

cutt throat trout from Moraine

untitled7.jpg

asdfasdfasdfasdf.jpg

Sylvan Lake Alberta

sylvan.jpg

kjmvgf.jpg

Beautiful scenery and beautiful fish. I had an opportunity to fish for rainbow trout when I was in Kelowna, BC a few years ago. Once you hit the rockies, it really is god's country. If it wasn't so expensive to live there, I never would have left!

Thanks for sharing!

Great pics and nice fish! I am going to be out in Banff this August for a conference. Is there anywhere in downtown Banff on the Bow River that is easily accessible that might produce some fish? I might not have all the time in the world to go around all over the place so I am just hoping to wet a line for a bit. Any insight is hugely appreciated!

Beautiful scenery and pics... lol the fish were a bonus... thanks. Looks awesome out there.

I would love to fly fish the Bow and a few others out there. Names are escaping me at the moment. But, we're heading east this summer first. Can't wait... I've been ordered by my wife to fish the Miramichi. Who knows? With any luck I might get a Striper on the fly.

Alex

Beautiful scenery and pics... lol the fish were a bonus... thanks. Looks awesome out there.

I would love to fly fish the Bow and a few others out there. Names are escaping me at the moment. But, we're heading east this summer first. Can't wait... I've been ordered by my wife to fish the Miramichi. Who knows? With any luck I might get a Striper on the fly.

Alex

where abouts east are you headed? theres some fantastic fly fishing spots for brookies out there.

where abouts east are you headed? theres some fantastic fly fishing spots for brookies out there.

We're starting in Halifax/Dartmouth for a week (5 days actually... gonna try the Liscombe there I think) and then we're in Saint John for 5 (one day on the Miramichi, also Bay of Fundy National Park has some intriguing water.... I can smell the brookies there). Our hotel there in 5 minutes from Reversing Falls. I've heard there are some good striper's to be had there. I've tied a few saltwater patterns in anticipation.

The original plan was NF/Labrador but by the time we factored in the round trip ferry... it was a little out of our budget. Next time we go east that's a must. It and Cape Breton Island.

Alex

Archived