Lower Niagara Today

spottedGARRR

Hit the water for 8am-ish. the bite was dead until about 10. seen a few surface and roll, then they hit! took me 20 minutes to pull this fatso in, wasn't two minutes later i had another on who seemed to not realize she was hooked until i had her up to the surface, then she took off like a rocket! since i was balls deep in the river, for the sake of keeping my camera dry my 2nd catch escaped the photo op and swam another day.

jan17th2010.jpg

jan17th2010-2.jpg

Congrats on the catch. How was the ice today down there? I'm hoping to go tomorrow and get myself a birthday trout.... as long as it's fishable.

Alex

10"-12" vis. and slush from time to time, not a big deal.Got one brown and one rainbow within four hours.Fish was very shy,anything weird happening with float set the hook or your late.Happy birthday tomorrow!

008.jpg

002-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

I was down in the Glen this afternoon as well. 0 for 1... tied into a chunky Laker but she busted my line. Conditions were decent... nice to see the green hue in the water...I'd say vis was 1.5 - 2 feet, little bit of ice here and there but nothing to worry about. Next to no wind overnight so it should be decent tomorrow as well.

Vesko:

Beautiful fish there today. That is some good news about the viz and the ice. I think I'm going to talk my wife into getting the kidlet off to school and I'll head down early. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I'll let you all know how I make out. Hope to post some pics.

Alex

Archived