Martindale Ice Fishing Tournament

live2fish

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny Dan, and thanks for the report and the pylons, I will mark the ice as well, thank you everyone for the support.

Alright I just sent messages too two of our sponsors, (Denis, Stephen (i-carp) ), as of right now the derby looks like a go, and it will be taking place on the 26th of this month, now I just gotta make a few posters tonight.

Sorry, forgot to ask, what about bait?? Should we get our own or someone going to bring minnow and we we purchase some.

Let me know. Thanks and looking forward to this again.

Sonia

:rolleyes: OK, fellow fisher friends; My husband and I will bring a large pot of Chili along with rolls and bowls and spoons to warm our bones. We have a camp stove to keep it warm and will bring a table to set it up. Let us know where a good spot to do this is. If any one has a large coffee pot and would like to bring coffee, we can accomadate it as well. Let us know. Also, we have a generator if anyone has a large electric coffee pot to make coffee instead.

Sonia and Jim

(Bradley' mom and stepdad)

glad to help in anyway. :Gonefishing:

:rolleyes: OK, fellow fisher friends; My husband and I will bring a large pot of Chili along with rolls and bowls and spoons to warm our bones. We have a camp stove to keep it warm and will bring a table to set it up. Let us know where a good spot to do this is. If any one has a large coffee pot and would like to bring coffee, we can accomadate it as well. Let us know. Also, we have a generator if anyone has a large electric coffee pot to make coffee instead.

Sonia and Jim

(Bradley' mom and stepdad)

glad to help in anyway. :Gonefishing:

Mmmmm Chili :D

ok for bait I recommend bringing some but I think I might have one of this sites sponsers ( new world carp ) donating maggots for bait and other little goodies, for the hut problem knock yourself out just don't cheat, also there won't be any pre designated fishing holes since this is just a friendly derby for an amazing cause.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Since this is an important event to keep going, I have decided to help Joey with anything I can. We have some donations starting to come in and posters are going up around the area. Anyone else wishing to donate something for draws, raffles, ect can contact Joey or myself through PM. As we work out more details, we will post the info here.

also feel free too email me at Joeypoke@yahoo.ca I always check my email every morning

and thank you ever so much for the help from the following people.

Minnowmike

Smerchly

Chilli

your help is greatly appreciated and I am looking forward to a fun and fish filled derby day if I forgot anyone I say thanks too you still got my thanks.

Come on guys lets get on board and give this derby some support!

Thank Dr_feelgood for suggesting this video

I'm not much of an ice guy ( especially this year ).

I watched the video tonight an my great dane does not like my dance moves, I now have pierced boy parts.

Joey,

Good on you for taking the lead on this derby :clapping:

To chilli, Smerch, Fishermom and the rest that have offered their help another hand of applause :clapping:

I am hoping I can make it...I was a day late and a dollar short to last year's event. It would be great to meet some of the members from the forum, and Heart and Stroke is a cause that is close to my heart (pun not intended...but accepted LOL :roflblack: )

When it comes to the outhouses...Is it possible to contact the Parks & Rec department to request they be opened for that day for this event? Just a thought.

Now I know the date and location are fixed for this year...However for next year might I suggest making the derby on the Family Day weekend... Reason being it might be a little easier to get participation numbers up on a "No License required" weekend. Just another thought.

Will anyone have a sharp auger for public use? I saw there was one donated last year, I didn't see what happened to it.

FW

hey FW me and Chilli will have our augers for use if needed for a small donation too the Heart and Stroke, and I mine is sharp 12 holes in 2 mins with a hand auger, but thats when the ice was like 8 inches, don't know how the fishing is or how ice is right now or will be after this weekend, and I forgot that it is Family Day Weekend.

Joey, I think it is great that you are bringing pop, that will certainly helped the thirst. If you are OK with it, we will still bring chili because people will get hungry out in the cold. We will have a donation container for the chili with the proceeds going to heart and stoke.

I have a hand auger that I recieved for christmas, so I am certainly able to help that way, as it is new and should be quite sharp, for anyone needing some holes.

Family day is on Feb 21, this year, but I do agree, that perhaps we could arrange for next year to have it on the family day weekend. This needs to be done well in advance though and I can certainly help again.

Also, what do you think about hotdogs for sale?? We will have our barbeque their anyway for the chili, so let me know and we can do those as well if their is interest.

Thanks for continueing this tradition that I rather enjoy.

Sonia :rolleyes:

I have no problem with being pop you can bring chili, and bring your auger you shouldn't do a dang thing we will use it as an extra, and I agree if we didnt have such short notice for this I would, and hotdogs we could I got an extra coleman I could bring but I don't know how much hotdogs will come up too after all the pop I am bringing lol that stuff is expensive but I will get as much as possible and tell you how much there is.

I have no problem with being pop you can bring chili, and bring your auger you shouldn't do a dang thing we will use it as an extra, and I agree if we didnt have such short notice for this I would, and hotdogs we could I got an extra coleman I could bring but I don't know how much hotdogs will come up too after all the pop I am bringing lol that stuff is expensive but I will get as much as possible and tell you how much there is.

We will bring hotdogs and buns as well then. Don't worry about cost we will deal with it. You just bring the pop Joey.

Sonia :rolleyes:

Archived