Todayyyyyyyy......

alexthegrrr8

Hey Gang:

Well I spent a fair amount of time on the Niagara on the yesterday and today. I spent a couple of hours with friends yesterday on the water and suffice to say we never did really get in any fishing time.

Today, was more of the same. My wife and I went down for about 9:45 to do some exploring. Upon arrival there were no cars at neither the 'pool or the Glen. LOL, I already knew what this meant. Ice... ice...baby. I did take my rod down and wore my waders just in case I decided to try. We explored from just below the 'pool (and I mean just) and the exploration took us as far a PB. In total I would estimate the amount of okay drifting water to be a combined 200 feet (20 feet here, 10 fet here and so on... literally). That 200 feet would be good for float guys but definitely no good for my purposes. The ice was so bad that I couldn't even practice my casting. I saw (my wife actually saw) one porpoise at PB and that was it. We left the Glen at 4:15.

Only one thing irritated me, and it might sort of tie in with the other debate I guess... we all know which one. I won't elaborate. Since it's the "hardcore" guys that are mostly fishing this time of year please for the love of all things right... take your crap out if you take it in. I know that this too has been a dead horse flogged to death over and over again as well. Right now, it's unlikely that it's the same fair weather fishermen who were alleged to have been leaving worm boxes all over the 'pool. But if by some fluke it's my fellow NFN'ers leaving crap laying around (on PB... the source of malcontent) please do the right thing. I love the chap(s) who were/was nice enough to bundle his/her bright green line and leave it hanging in the shrubs (man that is a lot of split), under the newly made "rock bench", which also I tripped over. I don't care about me but, think about "Bugs Bunny", "Alvin and the Chipmunks", "Lewiston Louie", "Tweety Bird", "Nemo" and the rest before leaving this stuff laying around. Especially the mono. Melt it or since it was bundled anyways throw it in your pocket and toss it into the garbage can at the base of the stell steps. Which I did by the way... photographic evidence enclosed.

Alex

It's not hard to pick up your garbage, just put it in your bag or pocket. I always get fishing line warp around my feet when I'm down there. In away I would thank the fisherman for leaving there garbage, in past 2 months I most of collected close to 100$ worth of fishing tackle sometimes if fluorocarbon line is still in good shape I would keep it and use it for leader.

That was me at PB today, I was able to get drift every 5 minutes, I hooked onto fish but I couldn't land it because of the flowing ice.

pssst, you forgot to click upload on the evidence =p

LOL... Oops!

Wait one....

101_2590.jpg

Not everyone is bad though. There are some responsible guys down there. They put their empty Gulp and Powerbait packages where they belong. That electrical tape is mine, I wrap the joints of the Spey rod with it.

101_2592.jpg

Alex

It's not hard to pick up your garbage, just put it in your bag or pocket. I always get fishing line warp around my feet when I'm down there. In away I would thank the fisherman for leaving there garbage, in past 2 months I most of collected close to 100$ worth of fishing tackle sometimes if fluorocarbon line is still in good shape I would keep it and use it for leader.

That was me at PB today, I was able to get drift every 5 minutes, I hooked onto fish but I couldn't land it because of the flowing ice.

LOL.. sorry if you overheard me talking to my wife colouring the air blue with expletives. That was my story with the drifts.. easier for the floats for sure I would think. LOL.. I should've given you the line. You were the first person that I saw all day.

Alex

I meant to add a pic from today to show the cinditions. This is from below the 'pool overlooking the area around the Aero Car down. It sort of paints a picture.

Alex

101_2555.jpg

LOL.. sorry if you overheard me talking to my wife colouring the air blue with expletives. That was my story with the drifts.. easier for the floats for sure I would think. LOL.. I should've given you the line. You were the first person that I saw all day.

Alex

I didn't hear anything, I was listening to music. I was easy finding opening to cast too, once I got that fish it was swimming everywhere and my line got caught on the ice.

I didn't hear anything, I was listening to music. I was easy finding opening to cast too, once I got that fish it was swimming everywhere and my line got caught on the ice.

LOL.. whew! No I was a little miffed. Sorry to hear that you lost it. The one that she saw porpoise was a Chromer. Mp3 players.... ahhhhhhhhh! They come in handy on the driving range (I should say came).

Alex

Archived