Cats on the grand

spottedGARRR

Went out with two friends today lookin for cats, we launched from in Dunnville. The bite was slow most the afternoon, One 12 lbs'r was tugged in around 2 pm and we didn't see anymore until about 4. another small channel maybe 7 or 8 lbs and another with a bunch of big lamprey wounds on it. didn't weigh this one, no one wanted to touch it she was so ugly! i didn't get any today, but i enjoyed another beautiful day on the water, thanks for the day out on the water today boys

lapreycats.jpg

cats.jpg

cattts.jpg

nice cats there Scott too bad you didnt get any I managed only a small crappie today and a few perch here and there and some rockies and a golden shiner on steroids saw lots of pike jumping and swirling around going to try tomorrow for some last day pike

nice fish guys..go see Steve () for some of his "secret recipe" cut baits..rest assured he is out there catching the monsters for sure!!!!

Tonnes of great fishin to be had on the Lower Grand,some areas are completely loaded with them and 20lbers in the mix as well...don't count on your ultra-lite,and don't leave your rod unattended too long.. :worthy:

We went out of Sherkston looking for perch yesterday and couldn't find any. Headed back to Dunnville on our way home and stopped in to see Steve. Fished off his rocks with some of his cut bait. Stayed about 45mins, landed 2 cats 8-10lbs, broke another off on 20lb power pro, and missed 2 others. Looking forward to getting back down there soon for more shore fishing!!! (sorry no pics weren't originally planning on goiong for cats!!)

Guest Pike212
Nice fishies :( I've heard catfish can be a hoot.

I just can't find myself targetting them. They are uglytastic :)

I agree but last year first place in derby was over $1000. The more guys in it, the more money involved. I'll fish for anything with a $1000 price tag attached!

Archived