Port Colborne Bass Fishing

Guest The Pack

Guest The Pack

Can anyone give me any pointers on where to find Smallmouth consistantly in the Port Colborne - Sherkston area of Lake Erie , and some tips on which baits or lures are the most productive ? I would be fishing from a boat, not from shore.

Seems most times I fish PC I Look for humps offshore In deeper water but usually end up coming back to the outside of the breakwall. I also start deep, 20ft, but you never know. We had an great day last year in Oct fishing 12-18 ft of water with non stop action including a couple fish over 4lbs. I also use mostly tubes and if the waves are pushing you to fast try a drift sock to slow your baits down. I find keeping bottom contact criticle.

Good fishin, Steve

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

I came into to Port Colborne last week,there were lots of boats off the break wall. There were also boats out near 5 miles in 60-80FOW. Any idea what they were fishing for out there?

The boats out in 60-80ft. were probably trying for Walleye's, although you can also catch Rainbows and sometimes Lakers. Some years PC is a really good place to troll from.

Did you like the Walleye you caught? I find them excellent eating, now if I could only catch some. :Gonefishing:

Good fishin, Steve

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Yes I did like it,tastest critter I've eaten out of the Great lakes. However i usually release everything I catch,I'm not that fussy about eating fish,other then Atlantic Salmon,and Mud Trout (Mudders)

Archived