In need of a Dunnville/Port Maitland update

Guest The Hound

:P Went down to Dunnville with my dad and a good fishing buddy on Tuesday night (21st) and launched at the Boat House bar & grill (???), $7.00 to launch. We were on the water by 9:00 pm and stayed until 3:00 am. Didn't get a sniff. Might have had one or two hits between the three of us. Drowned worms on every type of presentation possible. Trolled all over the river, from the dam to approx. 3/4 the way don to the mouth. NADA!!! Used every lure in the box that has caught pickerel in the past, not a sniff!!! We came down from Waterloo and were unfortunately disapointed to the max. I seem to have more luck from shore beside the dam during the day than from the boat anytime.....go figure.

Can anyone else help with technique for hooking up with the eyes at night while on the Grand when launching below the Dunnville dam without having to go downrigging in the big lake???

Guest Perch man

gust got back from the dam we put our float tubes in at the boat lanch and fished the hole damb and got 4 eyes and 2 carp. all on white jigs with pink heads(thanks ). Seen some bows jumping up the spillway.The best time to fish there is from 5:00pm- 8:00pm For me.

Tight lines Jeff

Is it worth trying for the walleye off shore or would I be wasting my time.................anybody getting anything at the whirlpool...................I was skunked my last 2 times there.....................JHM...........is there no free boat launch in Dunnville............

Archived