Turkey hunting

Hasn't anyone else gotten a bird this year?? I've been part of 3 successful hunts so far but am disappointed theres not more turkey hunting pics/discussion going on! Opening day I called in a bird for my buddy, it was only a jake but still his first ever bird. 13lbs 5 1/2 beard nubs for spurs. Then my old man and I got a pair of toms, 19lbs 13oz 10.5 beard 7/8 spurs, and 16lbs 10oz 10 beard 3/4 spurs. Of course my buddy has the pic's on his camera, and I managed to forget mine the day we got shooting, but somebody else has had to do something!! :closedeyes: I've got drive way pic's and feet and beard pic's but not exactly as pretty as in the woods pics.

Unfortunately you may be on your own. I always seem to find the perfect times of year for my life to get very very busy.

Like turkey opening!

Thanks for the report niagarasteelheader, congrats on your success.Post any pics you have. I'd post a report if I had anything good to say. lol.Very little activity in the only property I hunt, it's time to start looking for new places, easier said then done :closedeyes: .

We heard them for the first 3 days but the gobbling has stopped already and the birds have gone solo. I can't get them to come in anyhow. Decoys nor calling seems to fizz them but a cold front is coming in so maybe that will get them active again. I know I'm not going into the grass again; ticks are horrible. I'll be confined to early morning or 5-7pm hunts only.

Alright you asked for pics, I managed to find the ones of my buddy's birds on facebook and I uploaded mine. Here they are...

My buddy with his first bird

martyturkey1.jpg

martyturkey2.jpg

Me and my Dad with our birds

P5010896.jpg

The feet/beard on the right are from my bird, the ones on the left, the old mans bird

P5010897.jpg

Went and bought another tag, but have been hunting the states alot lately since it just opened on Saturday, hopefully get one there and remember my camera this time! Also somebody else needs to get a bird!!!

Archived