Hunting for Lake Trout on Lake Erie

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

:P

and I launched @07:00 from Port Maitland. We headed out to deep water as we were going out we noticed some rather large fish chasing bait on top of the water,one fish was so close to the boat I could have netted him on the way by.

D.Riggers and dipseys off of planer boards were the order of the day. For some reason kept changing spinners,spoons,ect,my plan as always,heres the Williams come and get it. :P

Will,if it wasn't for my keen eye,I would have never known the fish was there!! Trueth being I was checking the line and I found this 8-9lb Walleye hanging onto my Williams.

LerieWalleye0923.jpg

However did out fish me,being his home waters I expected that.

I believe we called it a day around 4:30

Leriewalleyefishmastersstore0923.jpg

It was a blast :worthy:

Thanks for showing me the area and where to catch the fish

By the by,I've got it cleaned skined,cheeks out,now,how do I cook it?!?! :blush:

Brian thats a funny looking laketrout :P How far did you guys end up going she was pretty smooth sailing out there yesterday. What else did you catch just eye's? No flatlines i've heard guys pick up nice steelies trolling up high when they seem them on top :P Oh well nice day to be on the water maybe if it's calm sunday I will give them there lakers a try :worthy:

Denis

We were near the GPS points you gave me last week.

How deep,we were all over the depths. I wish we new how deep we were when the Walleye hit :worthy:

Just ate most of the Walleye, not bad eating,must say it's the tastest critter i've eaten out of the great lakes. The cheeks were really good and chewy,I hope they were supposed to be :P

Eggs and flour is all I could manage for a batter,no bread crumbs or crackers in the house,I told the wife to go to the store and GET me some,don't know why she said no. :P

Archived