Firemens Fishing

malinois_16

Well after dinner I decided to take my sister down to firemens park to teach her to fish. I landed about 6 blue gill and she got her first fish..a blue gill lol. A guy was there trying to catch carp who reeled in a catfish so I asked him to take a picture of it..so the catfish credit goes to him. He caught a nice size carp too but didnt even think to snap a pic of it. Then a bunch of guys came and were looking at us a little weird like it was odd to see to females fishing alone and touching the fish, unhooking then etc by themselves. Oh well lol. Heres two pictures I managed to get. My sisters first and the catfish. Is there a reason why the blue gill look unhealthy and smaller compared to the ones out of Beaverdamns or gibson?

catfish.jpg

bluegillfiremens.jpg

that's easy. smaller body of water and less food supply. even that cat looks kinda drab/pale in colour, campared to other bodies of water. I find the pannies put up a better fight at Gibson too because they are a stronger fish in general. but equally fun to catch if you are pulling them out, one after the other. :Gonefishing:

Rich

Guest TC1OZ

I'm still surprised at the fact that there's fish in there.... let alone MONSTER carp.

I know for fact there's a 23+ Lbs carp in there, so there is fish!

I am still confused on how they all make the winter/what the hell do they eat? Firemans pond can't be that deep.

I'm still surprised at the fact that there's fish in there.... let alone MONSTER carp.

I know for fact there's a 23+ Lbs carp in there, so there is fish!

I am still confused on how they all make the winter/what the hell do they eat? Firemans pond can't be that deep.

they drained the pond last year for overflow repairs and you would be suprised how deep it is .....i wouldsay 10 to 12 in the middle and there was lots of fish in the center where they lefy 3 feet. i was there in spring and caught 25 crappies in about 2 hours....and they wehere all different sizes so theres lots of bait for the bigger fish to eat! never mind the frogs and bugs in the area. someone i know caught a 10.5 channel through the ice there in winter

Archived