saturday july 10 report.

minnow killer

So, the day didn't even start as planned, my brother showed up almost an hour late. And when we went for minnows, I forgot the bucket, so we had to go back home to get it. So we got on the water about 730. Headed out of port colborne looking for deep water perch, it was pretty choppy. we finally found something on the finder at 80 fow. got our lines down and the wind picked up a lot more, we were drifting with the anchor down. my brother got one small perch, and half an hour later we said screw this, lets go closer to shore, and see what we can get. Well we ended up at the mouth of the grand. I got one sheephead, it was a fighter, about 16 inches. no pic, cause it's a sheephead. so next we went up to the dam, not knowing what to expect, i've never fished the grand, and never had a boat in it. we went right up to the dam, and dropped down to bottom, my pickeral rig with minnows, and in seconds, i thought i had bottom, but it was trying to pull me in, It was a huge catfish, i'm thinkin a bullhead. WOW what a fight. Next fish on was another sheephead for my bro. and then the big one happened, Something grabbed my line and was trying to pull me, and the boat under. and after a 10 minute fight i brought up another huge cat, think this one was a channel cat. ended up with 2 more sheepheads, and a ding in my prop while trying to visit friends at bing. The wind changed direction while we were in the river, and the trip back to port colborne was a rocky one, and wet! Here's some low quality pr0n.

noname2.jpg

noname1.jpg

Archived