Gibson camp trip

spottedGARRR

Spent my day cleaning up the old campsite Sunday. got out there at 730 am and starting dunkin worms whilst i worked. wasnt 10 minutes before my friend caught a nice sized drum that wanted to run run run, he then caught a 10lbs ish common and lost another a few minutes later. Finally i got myself a lbs and a half smallie, then red horse sucker after sucker until the late afternoon. after leaving to grab my gear and beer, we came back and couldn't get a nibble all evening. the weather was beautiful, the ticks stayed away, i seen what i believe was an osprey catch dinner only a few feet off shore infront of us. I also noticed two boats drifting by numerous times throughout the day, usually i only see canoes and kayaks up the south end of Gibson. And although we didn't meet up with any, the coyotes are sounding plentiful out that way.

sounds like you guys had lots of fun, nothing is happening down my way might get my lazy arse up to your end and try for some bass and I've done some night fishing there before and you can hear the yotes for miles its actually quite cool

Archived