Niagara Bassmasters on Lake Simcoe

Dan Pozzobon

6 brave anglers headed out to Lake Simcoe on Saturday September 25 facing the heavy winds looking for largies and here are the results.

Remember, this is a 4 fish limit.

1st) Dan Pozzobon 9.76 lbs

2nd) Reg Jones 9.64 lbs Big Fish 4.34 lbs

RegSimcoeBFB.jpg

3rd) Al Gorrie 5.12 lbs

Norm Jones, Jason Bates, Tony Kewell no takers today.

Special congratulations to Reg Jones (aka Gill Finigan) for taking 2nd at his first club tournament and getting big fish! Go and visit Reg at GILL FINIGANS and he'll fill you in on the secret bait! :Gonefishing:

Thanks

Next tournament will be joined with Dunnville Bassmasters out of Port Maitland on October 23.

Guest Gill Finigan

Thanks Dan and congrats to you too. Nice solid average you had. I need a big kicker just to come close.I also have to thank Al Gorrie my boater. After 5 hour we hadn't boated a fish, but Al's confidence that we would find fish never faded. We stayed confident and finally took 8 fish from a very small area.

Spanky,

You don't need a boat to become a member.

I am the tournament director and it seems as though every tournament we are looking for non-boaters!

I'd think about joining this year because there is lots of bass fishing season left.

We have 4 tournaments left.

October 17, 2004 Upper Niagara: Help a Child Smile Charity Tournament (non-members welcome)

October 23, 2004 Port Maitland: Niagara Bassmasters joined with Dunnville Bassmasters

October 30, 2004 Port Colborne: Niagara, Dunnville, St. Catharines and Kitchener Waterloo Cambridge Bassmasters joined tournament.

November 20, 2004 Port Colborne: Niagara Bassmasters

I know it sounds like I'm promoting joining our bass club, but if there are any anglers thinking about joining, it is the best way to learn how to find and catch bass!

Thanks

Dan

Thanks Dan!!

I'm gonna look into participating in the Oct. 17th tourney, just to get a feel...... i've been told by another member that i'll need a NY license aswell.....?

Trying to "restock" my equipment, as i'm sure you know, it's very costly..... i've got a couple other issues holding me back from joining aswell, but all should be cleared up in the new year :blink:

After fishin'/talking with Reg last week i'm sure i'll be a member in the very near future.... i don't plan on buying a boat, so i'll help out with that lack of non-boaters issue :Gonefishing: .... just dying to get out there with some experienced fisherpeople, know i could learn alot.... :dunno:

Guest Gill Finigan
Reg,

You'd be surprised how many tournaments are won in the last hour or two.

You have to stay positive , or you'll start to lose concentration and miss those key hits.

Be careful Reg, the tournament bug is very addictive! :blink:

950[/snapback]

To late Dan, Was biten by the bug years ago. I'll agree with you that joining a local club is a great learning tool while having lots of fun too. You get to fish with different anglers each event.It's a lot cheaper with most tourneys being fairly local and low entry fees. Good way to learn and see if tourneys are right for you. Or you can go out buy a $40,000 rig, Fish with the same partner all the time, spend time traveling, paying for accomodations and food and entry fees from $100 to $500.

I thought it over for about 5secs and decided a local club made more dollars and sence :Gonefishing:

Spanky,

You do not necissarily need a NY state license as long as you strictly fish Canadian waters only! Talk to your boater and find out where you are fishing. Club members need to have NY state licenses because of our draw tournaments, a non-boater may not know where the boater will take them (e.g. lower Niagara, upper Niagara, Lake Ontario, Lake Erie, those bass boats can travel long distances to many different spots).

bigfish1965,

Our tournament director for next year will be changing and he/she may be doing some evening tournaments and or tournaments during the week. Depending on the interest from the membership.

Can't wait for those 5lb plus smallies in Erie! :Gonefishing:

Archived