goin on a road trip

minnow killer

so it's finally here, my summer vacation. And i'm headin up to lake champlain. Leavin monday mornin at 5 am. I know hardly nothing about this lake, i have a friend who just moved up there not long ago and has fished a few times, but since he does not use a computer, and we work opposite shifts it's been hard to get any info out of him as to what we are going to catch, or what gear i need. I'm bringin my boat, and all my rods and tackle. So what i am asking from al you smart NFN'ers is any info you might know about this area. what kind of fish are there? what tackle would i need? any info i get before i leave will be greatly appreciated. I plan on stopping at the first bass pro or cabela's i see on the way, so once i get there it's all beer and fishing for 5 days. I will be bringing the big camera so i will have alot of pics to put in my report.

The guys i am fishing with have been known to pull in huge musky in a lake that i havent seen any in years. so this will definately be interesting.

Nothing like doing research at the last minute, eh? :pardon: I'd start off with a fishing map from Pennisula Press if they have it. Local knowledge is good too. You'll figure it out, I'm sure.

Ya i normally leave everything to the last minute, like trying to get trailer tires on the saturday before i leave. :deadhorse:

i'm sure buddy will have everything we need as far as maps. really i'm wondering if anybody has been there. I've looked at a forum from that area, and it doesn't seem all that busy. but from what i've seen, there's plenty of jumbo perch, and that'll make a good trip.

i'm going to go pack the boat, Look for my report next weekend. :deadhorse::roflblack::blink::Gonefishing:

Archived