champlain ny and area.

minnow killer

Just got back last night. fished Chazy lake. Lake Champlain, and the great Chazy river. Fished monday tuesday wednesday early every morning and then again in the evening about 4 until dark. then just thursday morning. we all managed to land some pike, bass, lots of perch, a few huge sunfish, and the big bowfin got away, he even bit the lure 3 times in a row, but the hook just pulled out. here's some pics from the trip. Looks like there is a big lamprey problem going on in lake champlain, all of the pike caught had marks on them.

DSCN1887.jpg

DSCN1893.jpg

DSCN1901.jpg

DSCN1871.jpg

DSCN1872.jpg

DSCN1843.jpg

DSCN1878.jpg

DSCN1883.jpg

Did you keep the big Sunfish?

ya i did, but he got off at some point. i put him on the stringer right above the pike, he was there for a while, i even put some perch on the same hook, but when we got back to the house, it was gone. musta gotten eaten by a pike.

I even had a walleye harness with worms on, and when i was haulin it in, there was a pike attached to a perch who bit the worm, and a perch on the lower hook.

ya i did, but he got off at some point. i put him on the stringer right above the pike, he was there for a while, i even put some perch on the same hook, but when we got back to the house, it was gone. musta gotten eaten by a pike.

I even had a walleye harness with worms on, and when i was haulin it in, there was a pike attached to a perch who bit the worm, and a perch on the lower hook.

Sounds like some strange but good fishing!

Archived