Musky, Musky

Backwoods

Need some help. I have been fishing Georgian bay and a few lakes in the north east and want to give the Niagara a shot. I have fished the lower before however we did not have any sucess. I know that the upper is the place to go. Can anyone steer me in the write direction. I'm not lookin for anyone's secret hot spot just a good starting point. Launching the boat at the right spot sure helps. Thanks

Looking for a big musky and I know Niagara has what I'm lookin for

Need some help. I have been fishing Georgian bay and a few lakes in the north east and want to give the Niagara a shot. I have fished the lower before however we did not have any sucess. I know that the upper is the place to go. Can anyone steer me in the write direction. I'm not lookin for anyone's secret hot spot just a good starting point. Launching the boat at the right spot sure helps. Thanks

the fish of a thousand casts! start a strawberry island and work your way down to the marina..... throw muskie killer spinners

Hi there. The popular spot in the fall is the triangle region on the upper. Essentially, this is from the train bridge to Strawberry island. This is deeper water for the most part and many people jig giant tubes and other plastics. Make an effort to stay in contact with the bottom while doing so! That being said, do not blindly follow the masses. There are musky in spots that others seldom fish. Keep tossing bucktails etc. as long as you want. If you troll spinnerbaits or crankbaits long enough you will catch fish. Two years ago a friend and I would do this and catch up to 5 or six fish a day sometimes, but not of any size. Most larger fish are caught in the fall. Troll slower as waters get colder (late November/Dec. probably). Jigging is a very productive technique as water temps decrease as well, no doubt. A very popular method is to troll deep crankbaits and let them hit bottom. I highly recommend this technique on the upper. It produces. I know of many people who do well right off of Nichol's launch near the peace bridge. This is a recommended launch site close to popular areas (beside Nichol's Marine). Some call this area Thompson's Hole and there are fish in there. I've caught them there and others as well including some of my american friends. Off of Frenchman's creek and slightly south there is an 18 foot drift. Scuba divers will tell you that they see muskies in this area. I highly recommend getting an American license. It opens up many more areas and you need this advantage as a musky angler. I've said this before and I'll say it again, try to fish a full day to hit a feeding window. You are more than welcome to stop by my house and chat. I'll give you a bait if you wish and show you some techniques and lures. Take Care. Paul.

Can you obtain aa American license without going to the states

yup its easy just google new york state DEC can buy a one day licence for $15 bucks if thats all you need , just print off the receipt portion and your good to go

The niagara has some big ones, but be prepared work through lots of little one before getting a decent fish. Me and my buddy tried all day friday and got one musky and a tiger that were both tiny. I thought the condition would have been perfect with a storm coming but the bigs didn't show themselves. We did loose one that felt big on a giant tube in 20ft of water down from frenchmans but the day was pretty slow overall.

Fish2010063.jpg

Fish2010065.jpg

Archived