Honey I lost the kids!

Guest chilli

:lol: Got out without the kids today. I returned to the place you can see em and can't catch em because there's a zoo in the boat, and lo and behold. I got the net wet! :D

wetnet.jpg

The water was smooth as glass so the fish could see ya better so they were easily spooked and hard to fool.

glass.jpg

Couldn't get them to bite so Then I remembered that I had 2 salted tubes in a bag with this shrimp mix out of one of those instant noodles cups. I never used the flavour packet so I used it to flavour some tubes. Instant success.

tube.jpg

Now this was frustrating because as you can see the tube for comparison, this is by far not a huge bass and there are plenty of them just waiting for the right tackle. I used tubes, spinner baits, lizards, some soft plastic worms and real ones but these huge bass are too smart. All in all, I really enjoyed myself today. I think I'll go again Thursday :) I missed some really big pike and I have to practice this bass thing. I guess the yard work will have to wait till spring :)

Chili. On one of my trips to Port D over the last month watched a local do a number on the bass using salted tubes. The guy would cast as far as he could and then let it sit in the current. Would twitch it occasionally, lost one BIG bass and landed several smaller ones. Last fish was 2-3#. Deadly technique. Got to get me some and use the three way rig that's popular down there. Later, Gord :lol:

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Outstanding Chilli

It was nice and calm this am,just got to love days like this eh. looks like thursday will be the best day to get out,strong wind the next couple of days.

Whoa, I guess it was windy Brian. Off shore to boot. Not too safe in my little boat. What if my motor burned out?

1013[/snapback]

Thats why you must have a backup motor.Pick up one of those little electric trolling motors,I do believe theres one on the buy sell page.

It's the same as buying fishing gear,you must always have 2 of everything.

Ps.

Nicholl's has a boat sale on :lol:

It was a joke Brian. I have a row boat. What if my motor burns out?

I know about the boat. I see a nice setup for 5 but I don't have 5 yet.

1018[/snapback]

Ok, bring the wife,for a backup motor. Didn't the flyer say,no payments till May :lol:

Archived