Fish Fish everywhere

Backwoods

Wow hit a local trib today hoping that the water would be perfect. Well the river was still mud but the salmon were moving fast. Every pool I fished held salmon. I was hoping for a nice brown but hope was all I did. Landed 5 nice salmon and one 8 inch rainbow. Nice to see the native fish. The salmon seemed to love the green yarn fly in this muddy water. I dont think it matters what trib you fish now. If the salmon run it, they are there.

On a side note......come on, dont use spoons for salmon in the river especially when you are casting them at salmon moving through the rapids in 1 foot of water.

No need to snag, put some time in and they will hit a nice row bag or yarn fly. :deadhorse:

Spottedgarr, if your up to it, either this weekend or next week we can hit that spot up for those suckers again. I'll bring worms and corn this time, we'll get them for sure.

Spottedgarr, if your up to it, either this weekend or next week we can hit that spot up for those suckers again. I'll bring worms and corn this time, we'll get them for sure.

They left that pool, couldn't find them when I returned. Although I did catch a 15 inch creek chub, at first glance I thought it was a rainbow!

that's the thing about that spot Scott. they don't always hold up in there. they tend to run up into the pools, then go back down into the channel. give it a few more weeks and the Carp should be in there too. :deadhorse:

Well that'll be more fun in May, when the bow season is open. I have to check the Jordan bylaws. And get the limbs replaced, I snapped one practicing yesterday.

Archived