Nov 02 2010 some shore action

packrat

Headed east with a fishing buddy to try a Lake O trib. Arrive at parking lot just before first light---sit have another smoke---suit up in waders (what a pita that is)and away we go. Water was low and clear and a lot of the spots we looked at last year-----gone. So we keep walking downstream---see a few sammies still swimming around but none of our target fish for the day.

Come up to this long flat that was holding some of the above and as we walk along the edge spook what looked like a fish in good shape.

Seeing as we hadnt wet a line so far decide to give it a shot anyway just for fun. Strip off my float, put on a nice small bag and----

First cast to a fish holding in front of me-----come up short.

Second cast--right on the money. Was one of those moments where everything came together----right place, right time---roe bag had barely disappeared and------FISH ON!!!!!!

Saw the first flash of silver and I holler out to my partner--THAT ISNT A SALMON JOE. I was going repeat this a few more times before it was all over. Didnt think it was all that big but once I had it beached OMG----now for the fish pr0n:

BronteBowNov022010001.jpg

One more:

BronteBowNov022010002.jpg

The happy couple:

BronteBowNov022010004.jpg

One more to sweeten the pot:

684_mariko356.jpg

OOPS dont know how that got there

Sorry to say that was the extent of any action this morning---walked further downstream but like I said evry place you looked was low,clear and absolutely bare of any more fish. Didnt care--- the morning was a huge success as far as I was concerned. Been too long between some fall steel for me.

hey gordo ....anytime my FRIEND !!! I dont mind being your guide to a few favorite fishing holes buddy :)

but watching ya TRY to get those waders on ROFFLMAO made my day !!! id still be there waiting if i hadnt helped ya bud LMFAO but seeing you beach that beauty made my day to brother !!! but butt buttt next time i kick that fish free HAHAHA ...... next time i actually put my pole together n show ya HOW its done ....just so ya knows LOL

im soooooo glad you broke that curse bud B) if anyone deserved it twas YOU DUDE ....next time your buyin the coffee HAHAHA

Archived