Quantum reels

DarkEdge

Just wanted to let everyone know. I've got a Quantum Lite QL50 casting reel someone gave me years ago for payment on some work I did for them. I decided tonight to take it down, clean, grease, and oil it. Upon taking it apart, I got a terrible surprise. There was no grease in the reel! I greased it up real good, put it all back together, and it's good as new, maybe better. Use to have a nasty gear whine in it, finally gone. I know they aren't expensive reels, but now it acts like a $200 reel.

I just thought I'd let everyone know. I've come across this problem in a few spinning reels, but this is the first caster I've taken down. I'd check a few reels if you've got them. Might have the same problem I do.

Guest Pike212

Just wanted to let everyone know. I've got a Quantum Lite QL50 casting reel someone gave me years ago for payment on some work I did for them. I decided tonight to take it down, clean, grease, and oil it. Upon taking it apart, I got a terrible surprise. There was no grease in the reel! I greased it up real good, put it all back together, and it's good as new, maybe better. Use to have a nasty gear whine in it, finally gone. I know they aren't expensive reels, but now it acts like a $200 reel.

I just thought I'd let everyone know. I've come across this problem in a few spinning reels, but this is the first caster I've taken down. I'd check a few reels if you've got them. Might have the same problem I do.

Ive taken apart a couple reels and wd40'd the crap out of them without knowing at all what I'm doing. When I was done with the one I completely screwed the drag system. What are you actually supposed to grease?

Archived