Anyone Having Much Luck With Catfish Yet

coreyhkh

Guest Pike212

Lots being caught in the grand now, not playing with it too much, just running already. The water temp is just over 50 already, 52 is about perfect. This crappy weekend weather won't help, but I was out til midnight last night, got a few, lost a few, biggest was 12.5.

I've been fishing Welland River once a week for about three weeks and I have not been able to muster up any channel cats bigger than five pounds, and the bullheads are biting like crazy.

I maybe next week they will pick up. How big are the bullheads?

They are just little guys, under a pound. I have never caught any decent sized bullies like I see on other fishing forums from the Southern United States.

was out on the grand yesterday in the rain and once last week, got 2 btw 13-15lbs on cut bait. Tons of fun on light gear,goning to uplaod some pics once i get them off my buddies phone. Deeper water has worked best for myself, lots of bites but u really got to let em take it before you pick up your rod or else their gone.Not usally into the cats but seems to be a sure thing this time of year. good luck every1

I've been fishing Welland River once a week for about three weeks and I have not been able to muster up any channel cats bigger than five pounds, and the bullheads are biting like crazy.

I'm getting the same thing. Been getting quite a few in the Welland river, nothing much over 6lbs.

Archived