This Is Just Awesome

personally i don't like this video. why? I love animals and don't like seeing them get killed. Its one thing for nature to act as it does but this is provoked by a human-obviously too lazy to get off his horse and hunt for himself.

Why is he hunting the wolf to begin with. Eagles are a very facsinating bird as well and probably wouldn't hunt wolves on there own, and if they do that is natures course.

this isn't a jab at hunters who use firearms and do it for wildlife conservation and control.

Guest Pike212

I was just reading the Ontario hunting regs a couple days ago and seen somethin about falconry in there and kinda scratched my head. Well here we go, there is my answer. I'm an animal lover myself, but anyone has to admire the gold eagle's beauty and power in this video. I'm currently in search of a coyote around my house, bow in hand. I've got 2 small dogs, a pregnant wife, and a 1 yr old girl to protect, sometimes a kill is necessary...

Those people in the video are herdsmen that have been raising goats, sheep and horses there for thousands of years. Wolves are not looked upon as benign forest creatures by them. The use of birds of prey in hunting has been going on for just as long. Falconry as it is called today is still practiced today even here in Ontario. It is not unnatural. I think it is a marvelous example of people fitting in with the natural world. Sadly, statements like RichieWalleye's just show how far we have distanced ourselves from that natural world. As to those guys being too lazy Richie you probably would not last a week enduring the life those people live. Those people live on horseback and are much better stewards of the environment than we are here.

There is a segment on Falconry in this weeks Angler and Hunter radio. You can check out their podcast here A&H Radio.

Great video. The first films of this that I saw were old silent B&W films.

Great video!

Thanks for sharing.

Who knows what their reasoning is for hunting the wolves, but if you ever lived in Northern Ontario you would understand that wolves can be just as much of a nuisance as raccoon, black bear or coyote.

Everyone who hunts has their reasons and I stand behind them, as long as they follow their regulations and are not poaching.

Wow you've managed to piss off the ARA who don't support any animal uses at all including pets! Lets see we've got birds with tethers, horses with saddles and bits and we're killing coyotes or wolves.... all in the name of fur :roflblack:

Richy why not take a vacation in Mongolia and stay at these gentleman's quarters during a winter and see if they share their fur with you after you tell them what you just told us :crazy: . If your lucky they'll let you saty and chew fat with the women while they go hunting. It's all about survival and these lazy hunters don't have the help of the internet to put them on fish or a comfy chair to put their laptop on.

Great video! I admire those animals! Golden Eagles rock :clapping:

Archived