Perch Bladders

Sirfishalot

This is just a quick note to the spring Jumbo Perch hunters out on the pond. If you are bringing them up from 40,50 or even 60 feet the bladders are going to pop out.....these fish are destined to die as a result, please try to count them as part of your catch,chances is its still over 8" to 9". This is not the same a simcoe where you are in 15' to 25' and the depth change will rarely bother the bladder.Some say just pop the bladder with a knife or push it back in...this does not work! Remember without that bladder it can't return to the depth from which it came and the gulls and cormorants get a great feed...as I have seen in recent days.

I know we are all hungry for a sweet meat feed after a long winterbut please practice a little conservation...thanx

This is just a quick note to the spring Jumbo Perch hunters out on the pond. If you are bringing them up from 40,50 or even 60 feet the bladders are going to pop out.....these fish are destined to die as a result, please try to count them as part of your catch,chances is its still over 8" to 9". This is not the same a simcoe where you are in 15' to 25' and the depth change will rarely bother the bladder.Some say just pop the bladder with a knife or push it back in...this does not work! Remember without that bladder it can't return to the depth from which it came and the gulls and cormorants get a great feed...as I have seen in recent days.

I know we are all hungry for a sweet meat feed after a long winterbut please practice a little conservation...thanx

Hears what we did yesterday ....When catching dinks ,which we cant control...We push our index finger down the throat and then squeeze gently ahead of the gills.Then into a bucket of water thats on board,(bring an extra pail) if they start swimming around after 30 seconds there good to go...It works just gotta take a little time to do so....and its actually very rewarding ...Yes i agree the gulls and cormorants do not need a free meal.

Archived