Port Stanley Perch

minnow killer

Finally got the chance to fish Port Stanley monday, The boat was not ready so shore fishing was all i could do, so i asked at the local bait shop for where to go, and she sent me to the spot. My daughter caught the first perch right off the hop, and i got a big heavy sheepshead, then a few more perch, all about 10 inches. just as the bite was picking up, it was beach time. After 2 hours of swimming it was back to the action, another 8 perch in the cooler, it was time to pickup mom. Had a great day perchin with my daughter, who is gettin better with casting and needs some more work on just waiting for the bite. The guys just down the rocks from us had full stringers, It's amazing how you catch perch in those numbers from shore.

Perch seem to be in the middle of the spawn right now so they are being caught at all depths. I don't think it will last much longer though. As for your daughter being patient I think we all go through that as kids. We as parents have the hardest job of being patient with inpatient kids and hopefully they'll get a few more each time they put in more time.

Too bad the Port C sanctuary in on the shore side and not by the breakwall. Takes away a lot of good shore access until July 15th I suppose.

I was in Port Stanley yesterday with a friend of mine, I caught 1 really nice perch and my buddy got frustrated with his gear and he called t quits after 10 min.

needless to say I wont be fishing with him anymore

ten minutes of fishin & frustration leads to callin er quits?? and M K thought his daughter was impatient!ha!

Archived