Caught Some Fish The Other Day.

minnow killer

fish4.jpg

GREAT PICS!

Thanks for the share.

IS this a "Silver/White Bass?"

another guy was saying they were slayin them in the Detroit River as well.

That silvery fish is NOT a Silver Bass (White Bass). It is an invasive species from the Atlantic found in the Great Lakes since the 1950s called a White Perch. The last great runs locally of Silver Bass (White Bass) ended in the early 90s with the entry of zebra mussels in Lake Ontario et al and the impact they had on water clarity (algae). Many folk confuse these two species but they are fairly easy to tell apart. Check http://www.in.gov/dnr/files/WHITE_PERCH.pdf

Flashback to 1977, Port Dalhousie harbour.... 120 silver bass in an hour on Mepps spinners in front of Rookers.... my god those days are gone! I did see what nice silver bass pic here last year caught in Lake Gibson.

That silvery fish is NOT a Silver Bass (White Bass). It is an invasive species from the Atlantic found in the Great Lakes since the 1950s called a White Perch. The last great runs locally of Silver Bass (White Bass) ended in the early 90s with the entry of zebra mussels in Lake Ontario et al and the impact they had on water clarity (algae). Many folk confuse these two species but they are fairly easy to tell apart. Check http://www.in.gov/dn...WHITE_PERCH.pdf

Flashback to 1977, Port Dalhousie harbour.... 120 silver bass in an hour on Mepps spinners in front of Rookers.... my god those days are gone! I did see what nice silver bass pic here last year caught in Lake Gibson.

Thanks for the knowledge

Great to hear about one of your Favourite Fishing Memories.

I could only image ...100's of hits & fish in an hour.

Wears the arms down with hundreds of pulls instead one heavy run.

Many factors have influenced the declines, but i cant help but believe that a "Catch & Release" approach increases populations & size diversity.

95% of all fish species caught through SPORT FISHING (renewable & sustainable resource) should be released.

I'm okay with barbless and other introductions in the regs.

We do not need more Restrictions on Our Fishing Priviledges (seasons & locations)

We need more Restrictions on the removal of the fish - all species.

Archived