Musky Musky

Backwoods

I have fished the upper and lower Niagara before for Musky and had landed only a couple in the upper a few years back and we figure we lost one in the lower last year. We "figure" Only because we never did see the fish we lost. However a 10 inch Jake bait stands a good chance that it was a Musky but who knows. My question is where is the best location to launch a boat in the upper if targeting Musky's. PM me if you do not wish to share your launching spot with the world. Any info would be nice as I will be fishing the Upper next week regardless. Just thought it would be nice to have a little upper hand on a good location.

Thanks

The public docks in Chippawa are great on the weekdays.

It gives me the option of fishing the Welland upto the QEW, or heading up river and hitting riffles/weeds/Navy Island/dropoffs on the way up.

I usually only go up as far as the marina just outside of Ft. Erie and then drift and scoot my back.

I don't catch alot of them, but I see and lose scads of them on the main river.

Also, there is a big honkin' boulder about 30yds. from shore, about 2/3 of the way up from Navy Island to the marina.

I find it by looking for a trashed up chain link gate lying on the bank. It might not be there anymore.

Thats a good spot to lose a prop and catch fish.

Good luck!

Archived