bassmaster tournament in dunville

seao

I talked to the executive of Dunnville Bassmasters and they said none of their members are fishing the walleye event, therefore will not impact on your walleye tournament. We may have 10 to 15 boats involved in our club event.

The positive spin is that these two events will highlight the great bass and walleye fisheries in that area and attract anglers to future events.

Take Care

Dan

Guest Fish4fun

hi guys, what time does the tournment start on Saturday the 23rd and can anybody go in it and is it like partners of 2 in a boat, how does it work? please let me know.

Fish4fun,

To fish any bassmaster event, you have to a member of the B.A.S.S. organization (large fishing organization owned by ESPN in the states). You do not necessarily need to be a member of the club to fish, but it is the best way to learn how to catch bass.

If your interested in joining a club, there are 3 bassmaster clubs in Niagara. Niagara, St. Catharines and Dunnville.

Good luck! :)

Best of luck to you and your event!

I have just recently met members of the Dunnville Bassmasters (namely Mike and Sue Watson and Gary Kapps) and they are great people to work with, and are willing to do anything to help! It would be a great club to join !

On a side note, I just wanted to correct my previous post. All anglers must be both a member of the BASS organization and BASS affiliated club to fish club events.

Therefore, if you want to join us in a club tournament, you should join an area club and get involved.

Take Care :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the results of the originally scheduled tourney for Port Maitland that was changed to Port Colborne!

Remember this is a 4-fish limit.

1st) Chuck Campbell & Derrick Lanigan 18.36 lbs Big Fish 5.82 lbs

2nd) Ivo Coia & Brian Flikkema 17.56 lbs Big Fish 5.94 lbs

3rd) Al Gorrie & Bill Wray 17.36 lbs Big Fish 5.42 lbs

4th) Peter Typer & Matt Kidd 16.08 lbs Big Fish 6.16 lbs

5th) Ken Kirkwood & Jim Pozzobon 13.12 lbs Big Fish 4.34 lbs

6th) Randy Bergstrand & Mark Adamo 11.88 lbs

7th) Stif Kozelj & Steve Hawrylyshyn 11.78 lbs

8th) Roy Crowder (Thanks Chuck!) 11.64 lbs

9th) Norm Jones & Nick Walters 6.74 lbs

10th) Dave Kidd & Darrin Cove (no takers today!)

Thanks to all who participated, we'll see you next week.

Archived