Report From The Kawartha's

minnow killer

Just got back from a few days fishing Pigeon lake, Nothing has changed, the water was warm, the algae was bloomin big time, and the fish were not biting. on the first morning out on the water at 5:45 am. tried one close spot for a half hour, not a sniff, so i sped across the lake to redrock, a usual decent area, but with the long weekend, i needed to get there early before the boaters woke up. well as soon as i saw the ledge on the lowrance, i chucked out my new Pink fire hot N tot, and within seconds i had a nice walter on the line, Just within the slot size, and i mean just within, slot is 19.7 inch, this one was 19.6. And thats all i saw for 4 days of fishing, It really stunk this year, just as bad as it's been for a long time, i even got desperate and went off the dock for sunnys, they are still abundant. I cant belive how many boats i saw fishing every day, and i didnt see one boat get any fish, I'm not going back, 30 years of fishing and it has gone to hell, Time to hunt for a new place, a new lake, a new town, further north or maybe just stay home, the fishing in the niagara area is pretty good. maybe i'll go out bass fishing tomorrow morning, that'll put a smile back on my face. :blahblah1:

The walleye fishing I heard on Rice Lake was healthy which is about a 1/2 hour ride from where you fish, give that a try. We have a cottage on Chemong and talk about a walleye fishery that took a sh-t along with Pigeon Lake it's that one...

The slot limit should have been implemented on these lakes and a few more in the Kawartha's along time ago....

But the Ministry apparently know exactly what they are doing....I think.

Just got back from a few days fishing Pigeon lake, Nothing has changed, the water was warm, the algae was bloomin big time, and the fish were not biting. on the first morning out on the water at 5:45 am. tried one close spot for a half hour, not a sniff, so i sped across the lake to redrock, a usual decent area, but with the long weekend, i needed to get there early before the boaters woke up. well as soon as i saw the ledge on the lowrance, i chucked out my new Pink fire hot N tot, and within seconds i had a nice walter on the line, Just within the slot size, and i mean just within, slot is 19.7 inch, this one was 19.6. And thats all i saw for 4 days of fishing, It really stunk this year, just as bad as it's been for a long time, i even got desperate and went off the dock for sunnys, they are still abundant. I cant belive how many boats i saw fishing every day, and i didnt see one boat get any fish, I'm not going back, 30 years of fishing and it has gone to hell, Time to hunt for a new place, a new lake, a new town, further north or maybe just stay home, the fishing in the niagara area is pretty good. maybe i'll go out bass fishing tomorrow morning, that'll put a smile back on my face. :blahblah1:

Hey MK

We get lots of walleye on Pigeon Lake. I think maybe you need to try changing up your fishing techniques. Those fish are in the weeds now try bucktail jigs they always produce or better yet early morning try slip floats on the weed edge with leeches or minnows.

JHM

Archived