Deer Results

fishcatch

You can still get a tag which will cover a buck in areas not requiring atag for the controlled shotgun hunt. In this area however you would only be able to bow hunt since its controlled gun in the niagara region and all of southern ontario.

In other news my party drew a cow moose tag this year :D

Thanks for the reminder guys.

Hey for you new archery hunters, get your stand up now and start scouting. Sit in that stand and wait quietly for a deer with your camera. If you can film a deer within range without too much camera shake then you might be able to point a scope or use your sites to make a good kill shot instead of wounding an animal. It's important to to get those nerves under control. Having a deer within range can bring your legs to a steady shake because you know if he sees you blink your busted. If you get busted practicing you may want to move your stand or stay away for at least 2 weeks before actually hunting.

Now a good time to get used to sitting still without swatting mosquitos or moving your sore ass around your seat. If you want to bag a buck before the weather turns your toes into popsicle sticks you'll need some practice sitting still first.

I headed out tonight for my first sitting where I usually see deer. I only photograph from this stand but the deer are still wary. Please don't play the video until you read the following:

When watching this video get ready to pause it. As soon as you would pull the trigger or release your arrow press the pause button. Look at the vitals and picture your aim and arrow releasing, slicing the perfect kill shot. Decide whether this was the right time (too early or too late) then press play to see how you did. :ArcherySmiley:

Archived