Fishing From A Seadoo

pike007

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar

dont know if youd be able to go trolling speeds .... but it would be worth a try ... great to get you into some tight areas as well ... dont know how youd handle a big fish though ...

I have a jetski myself and looked into this. try jetskisportfishing.com you'll see alot of interesting setups. Seems to be big down south.

Great site thanks, I definetly would take it out on a calm day and thats what im thinking I could definetly get into some tight areas where a propeller cant go, I also keep a paddle on my seadoo its one of those ones that folds out. Cant wait to try it out,

Its a blast. A few tips that I learned along the way.

1) Put a rod float, or tie off your rod to your PFD. A good wave or if you get a little off balance won't knock your rod into the drink.

2) Bring out a small anchor (should have one already) With no trolling motor a small anchor works wonders for staying on a spot.

3) A small basket net helps land bigger fish. Collapsable nets/or stream fishing nets are available at most tackle shops, so they can be transported in the front compartment of your vessel. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/Fishing-Tools/Landing-Nets-Seines%7C/pc/104793480/c/104720580/sc/104427180/DotLine-Netguard-Livewell-Net/700675.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FN%3D1100393%26WTz_l%3DSBC%253BBRprd699689&WTz_l=SBC%3BBRprd699689%3Bcat104427180

4) Use waterproof Plano boxes or Ziploc bags. Once water starts getting in your tackle, it will start to rust and just plain old make a mess.

5) Have a blast! A big fish on a Seadoo is an absolute blast!

Good Luck

Great tips BIG DOG much appreciated, so I ended up taking it upnorth for the weekend , saturday was gorgeous day fished off it eary morning got into some nice Largies , then road the thing all say took the neices tubing on it , took the wife for a cruise on it , drove it all day had a blast, nigh time took the boat out instead because my son wanted to come out.

Archived