My First Tourney!

fafaflohi

Well I've gone 'n' done it! My 5 year old son and I have registered for our first tournament up on Vernon Lake. I was wondering what would be best for him to try and catch pike with? He doesnt like casting all day long (go figure a 5 year old with an attention span) any ideas other than minnows which he will be using?

Top water baits always kept my son interested because they are visual. Don't expect too much, my son is 8 and is still only good for a couple of hours before snack time, playing with the net, fishfinder, trolling motor, 1 minute lure changes....but I wouldn't trade the memories for anything.... B) Have fun.

Well I've gone 'n' done it! My 5 year old son and I have registered for our first tournament up on Vernon Lake. I was wondering what would be best for him to try and catch pike with? He doesnt like casting all day long (go figure a 5 year old with an attention span) any ideas other than minnows which he will be using?

Big chub under a bobber

Well I'm proud to say my son won kids div. for biggest Bass and I snapped my rod in pieces on some big fish that never could get close to the surface!! He has decided to now enter a few more tourneys and win them too he says :roflblack:

Archived