Out East Report

steelshady

Got up at 4:00 am sharp and drove to Port Hope with my crew. Fished the Harbor until noon and got F all…We had a few hits on skien but that was about it. We seen a few boots landed but definitely not worth the drive unless we get some rain and colder temps, what a barbeque out there today!

Next stop was the famous “ Bowmanville zoo”: Water really low with barely any drift, only a few boots hanging around while being chased by the pro staff. Tons of salmon stuck bellow the dam in the sanctuary cooking in the heat! Too bad…I wish the MNR could lift some fish since the upper river temperature was much colder above the dam.

Never even took the rods out of the car but we walked the river to see if anything was happening with our beers in our hands. Ran into a CO, he gave us doo-doo for walking with our beers after we drank them and disposed the cans in the garbage like good citizens; I told him it was power drinks! Lol…He quickly turned around and went after some guy that was casting into the sanctuary.

The smell of the dead carcasses was unreal in that place, especially in this heat!

I have been fishing Port D and the Niagara for the last nine months (I am a new resident) and so far have been very pleased with all the anglers in this area. Not too many slid females in the bush, not much garbage comparing to out east! Congrats! :clapping:

I think tomorrow will be the Saugeen..

Got up at 4:00 am sharp and drove to Port Hope with my crew. Fished the Harbor until noon and got F all…We had a few hits on skien but that was about it. We seen a few boots landed but definitely not worth the drive unless we get some rain and colder temps, what a barbeque out there today!

Next stop was the famous “ Bowmanville zoo”: Water really low with barely any drift, only a few boots hanging around while being chased by the pro staff. Tons of salmon stuck bellow the dam in the sanctuary cooking in the heat! Too bad…I wish the MNR could lift some fish since the upper river temperature was much colder above the dam.

Never even took the rods out of the car but we walked the river to see if anything was happening with our beers in our hands. Ran into a CO, he gave us doo-doo for walking with our beers after we drank them and disposed the cans in the garbage like good citizens; I told him it was power drinks! Lol…He quickly turned around and went after some guy that was casting into the sanctuary.

The smell of the dead carcasses was unreal in that place, especially in this heat!

I have been fishing Port D and the Niagara for the last nine months (I am a new resident) and so far have been very pleased with all the anglers in this area. Not too many slid females in the bush, not much garbage comparing to out east! Congrats! :clapping:

I think tomorrow will be the Saugeen..

I did not think the salmons already made the run there cause i fish every year in PH and Bowmanville during the salmon season...I agree that this year is too warm so i think they will make a run in a couple more weeks but i may go there and check nextweekend,just hope that we will have alot of rain that will help them to make a run earlier...I am happy to see the CO do the walk and check that area cause every year i see unpleasant things (people even go down the the net across the river...i had to tell them F..off-sorry about my english but i was so mad).Also people keep casting behind the calbe to get fish..

Archived