Morning Fishing Port Dalhousie!

Guest Raptor

Guest Raptor

Hello fellow Fisher-man! Can you guys help me out, I recently moved to Cambridge from Niagara Falls for school. My dad still lives in Niagara and works at GM .

Where do I go to fish for Salmon and Trout at Port Dalhousie on the side with the lighthouse or the other side?? what end? I will be going in the morning. What do I use?? I am fairly new to this fishing and I will be going with my dad. What lures are available at Pete's for the Trout and Salmon. Also how do I present them?? Wow alot of questions!! Sorry guys! Hope you can help me out

Hi Raptor,

Salmon, brown and rainbow trout are in the Port Dalhousie area right now.

I have had success bottom bouncing small roe bags and or brightly couloured yarn for trout.

The best thing to do is watch the locals on west side (lighthouse side) and see what they are doing.

They typically use long rods on spinnig gear, bottom bouncing a 3-way rig on 6 to 8 lb test fishing line.

Good luck

Guest pat kirby

As Dan put it, watch the locals on the east side of the pier, that is the same side as the Light house and the boat launch. If it is too crowded, you can fish the west side, easy access on both sides. You can fish from the lake to the dam, from shore or drifting in a boat, Roe bags, streamer flys,and spoons all work. Chuck glo spoons at nite. The great thing about Dalhousie, is that the action is just begining and will go well into the new year. Good Luck Pat

Archived