Start Of Deer Season

pike007

Got out to my stand early this morning,with my brand new crossbow that I purchased in the spring, stayed up there for 3 hours , no deer yet.....anybody else getting out there

There was alot of movement over the weekend with the cold temps. I think this warm spell will slow things down. Next week by mid week temps are colder and rainy things should pick up then.

Captured alot of coyote pics with the trail cams this september anyone else seeing alot right now as well?

Great 4 pt, I had one within 60 yards but was still to far to have a nice shot, waiting to get in tight with 1, the does seem to be just a smart as the bucks this year

How far did he run until he dropped?

I thought he ran 100 yards or so just by listening as he ran into a field behind me as I faced into the woods. After some searching I decided to go back to the stand and try and track the blood trail but almost tripped on him 15 yards from my stand in the tall grass. Guess what I heard was struggling not running. I believe it is a six point as it has daggers/stickers but they're right about 2 " long.

I've only seen one so far

006.JPG

Amazing to see how TAME the deer are in your area.

I cant believe one would just rest up next to you like that.

Hope you took it home.

Seems like it would make a great house pet

*SMILES*

I thought he ran 100 yards or so just by listening as he ran into a field behind me as I faced into the woods. After some searching I decided to go back to the stand and try and track the blood trail but almost tripped on him 15 yards from my stand in the tall grass. Guess what I heard was struggling not running. I believe it is a six point as it has daggers/stickers but they're right about 2 " long.

When it comes to bow hunting Ive heard alot of stories about deer runniing 200 yards in the bush, some never to be found, that means you killed him clean, great going , sorry my eyes played tricks on me with your camo outfit blocking the pts, indeed a 6 ..

Hopefully one comes my way soon

Archived