Hydro Damm

lushis

Hi everyone

Sorry but I don't post often and I know some of you don't like responding to guys that don't offer information regularly. That said, I don't have any info too give because I havn't been out fishing in a month! Which sucks!!!

Anyway, YEARS AGO, we use to go down and fish the river on the south side of the CND Hydro Plant (south of the Rainbow Bridge before the glen and whirlpool). Back then we were able to drive half way down the dirt road leading to the damm, park the car and make your way down the escarpment too the water. I know guys still go there today because I remember reading tons of threads about it last year.

Anyway, I have not been back since I was a kid and was wondering if a) you can still park down that dirt road or if you have too park across the street now at the flower clock area. and B) if the walk down is as crazy and dangerous as I remember it. It's been 15 years or so since I have been back. Thinking of going down tomorrow morning.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Lushis

Hi everyone

Sorry but I don't post often and I know some of you don't like responding to guys that don't offer information regularly. That said, I don't have any info too give because I havn't been out fishing in a month! Which sucks!!!

Anyway, YEARS AGO, we use to go down and fish the river on the south side of the CND Hydro Plant (south of the Rainbow Bridge before the glen and whirlpool). Back then we were able to drive half way down the dirt road leading to the damm, park the car and make your way down the escarpment too the water. I know guys still go there today because I remember reading tons of threads about it last year.

Anyway, I have not been back since I was a kid and was wondering if a) you can still park down that dirt road or if you have too park across the street now at the flower clock area. and B) if the walk down is as crazy and dangerous as I remember it. It's been 15 years or so since I have been back. Thinking of going down tomorrow morning.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Lushis

you are not allowed to park on the hydro road and it is enforced.good luck walking down..pack light its a killer!!

Hey man...thanks for the info.

so I remember it clearly then...more step then some of the drift places down form pebbly beach and just as taxing as doing the stairs at the whirlpool. Crap! Man, I need brown roe desperately and do not want to go through the BS at port to catch one.

thanks dude.

Lushis

you are not allowed to park on the hydro road and it is enforced.good luck walking down..pack light its a killer!!

You cant even walk down the hydro road right now, hydro has a security contractor waiting at the top of the road seems like 24/7 since the summer. You can park at the glen though and trek down the metal stairs than all the way to the power house fence when the waters low in mornings(might be very difficult til Nov. 1 at full daytime flow). If you were refering to the dirt road on the queenston side of the power house that still leads to the other side with lots of access points down until once again you hit the hydro fence but lots of open water on either side as most people prefer not to make the long treks and test the less popular drifts these ways

not saying to brake tthe law or any thing but it not hard to sneak by them there normally watching a movie or reading a book.

Thats funny I could some 350 lbs guy trying to make it down the hill to kick us out. Have to air lift him outta there

Doubt these guys will even bother getting out of the vehichle they usually just call the police. I ve dealt with this many times before. You can always try though if you really dont want to take the trails as the roads definetely alot quicker route down.

Archived