Salmon Fishing Brings Out The Best In People

fishin_hamilton

just a couple of funny stories to share. I heard and seen some of the dumbest things this past weekend. i took the wife and the kids to a nearby trib to watch the salmon do their thing and seen three guys walking in the creek with the biggest net i have ever seen. the creek has been a has been off limits to fishing since oct 1, so i stopped them and asked what they were doing. i got the best answer ever from some guy " we only catch and release, we don't keep any fish, so it's ok". i asked it's ok for what the creek is closed for the season. i called the tips line and they said they already knew about the guys, so i asked if the CO in the area cause one lives nearby and she said she cannot give me that info. this all happened sat evening. so sunday i go back cause the little guy was a little bit tired the day before and what do i see but two guys with 5-6 kids and they are walking in the water scaring the fish towards a guy with gloves so he can tail the fish to show the kids. once again i get the dumbest answer possible " it's ok we are only showing the kids fish and not fishing or keeping any fish, so it's ok" "and do they got tiny cuffs to put on the kids". i told them it is closed for ALL types of fishing and the answer was "there are no signs so it makes it ok" i happen to carry a regs book with me in the car and asked if they want to read it cause it might be a better way of showing or teaching kids what not to do, some harsh words were exchanged. so i called the tips line again ,cause i am getting kinda sick with all the clowns that come out during salmon season. what a weekend in the hammer!

Archived