Anyone Know A Good Spot To Catch Pike In In The Niagara Area Ffrom Shore?

BrendanMitchell

Guest LockedInTheTrunkOfACar

About now ... Wherever there is minnows. Marinas ... Martindale ... Jordan ... But like anything some days are good an some ugly.

Baits are what you believe in and what you can work well. I have no faith in body baits but other guys do well on them. I prefer spinnerbaits and spoons due to how they have outperformed other tackle for me.

There is a member on the forum who put a hook on a table spoon an got a pike.

Minnows are a safe bet though.

*SMILES* (next "it" lure)

Anything that SHINES and MOVES in the water

I also recommend:

-Flatfish (Silver)

-Nice Big Jointed Rapala (traditional Blue or Black)

I was rinsing my steel coffee mug in the lake and a pike attacked it twice in a row,it was hiding under the boat on shore

About now ... Wherever there is minnows. Marinas ... Martindale ... Jordan ... But like anything some days are good an some ugly.

Baits are what you believe in and what you can work well. I have no faith in body baits but other guys do well on them. I prefer spinnerbaits and spoons due to how they have outperformed other tackle for me.

Basically any waters around are good for pike, check out the rec canal in welland, a good population in there also, pike are coming up shallow now so its the perfect time to get a big one off shore, for lures my top picks are spoons (len thomson are my favourite), husky jerks or x-raps, spinnerbaits, glider jerkbaits and big paddle tail jigs, make sure you use some kind of a leader, fluro or metal. Peter's tackle sell premade 30 pound fluro leaders, but dont go any lighter than that or you could get bitten off. Also make sure you have all the proper release tools, long handled pliers, jaw spreaders and bolt cutters. Catch and Release!

actualy it seems like more than few thousand fishermen using it according to this article; here it is for some of you never thought it was real

(http://nnsl.com/northern-news-services/stories/papers/jun21_11lur-bus.html)

I saw one on canadian tire on leslie/lakeshore

actualy it seems like more than few thousand fishermen using it according to this article; here it is for some of you never thought it was real

(http://nnsl.com/northern-news-services/stories/papers/jun21_11lur-bus.html)

I saw one on canadian tire on leslie/lakeshore

Thats hilarious. I've got a marketing slogan for them: "no seriously, it works".

Archived