Hello Niagara Falls

Bassman78

Hello all. I'm moving to niagara falls on nov 30. I lucked out and got a house about a mile from a boat ramp on the upper niagara. I am originally from Pittsburgh. I joined the Marine Corps in 2005 and have been in NC since. I'm taking orders to help the reservists out in downtown Buffalo. I have mainly fished largemouth but am excited to learn about and catch smallies. I have an 09 18' bass tracker and am assuming that will be ok on the river. Any tips on bass fishing this time of the year? ie: spots, baits, techniques, do's and dont's. When does the river freeze because I hear the smallie bite is best when it's freezing. I'm willing to invest in a winter suit to fish in if it's really that good. Any tips would be awesome guys thanks. I'll see you on the water. Keep your rods bent and lines wet.

Hello all. I'm moving to niagara falls on nov 30. I lucked out and got a house about a mile from a boat ramp on the upper niagara. I am originally from Pittsburgh. I joined the Marine Corps in 2005 and have been in NC since. I'm taking orders to help the reservists out in downtown Buffalo. I have mainly fished largemouth but am excited to learn about and catch smallies. I have an 09 18' bass tracker and am assuming that will be ok on the river. Any tips on bass fishing this time of the year? ie: spots, baits, techniques, do's and dont's. When does the river freeze because I hear the smallie bite is best when it's freezing. I'm willing to invest in a winter suit to fish in if it's really that good. Any tips would be awesome guys thanks. I'll see you on the water. Keep your rods bent and lines wet.

Please study the charts. there are plenty of dangerous waters on the Upper.

Archived