Fishing Gods.....

The_Husky_Jerk

Well, I think that the fishing gods are playing tricks on me......

Ive been out fishing for steelhead in Caledonia more than a hand full of times the last few weeks. Caught nothing but a cold. The last time my buddy and I went out, he hooked into a nice walleye while we were after some chrome. So, being as frustrated as I have been, I decided this time we would just go after walleye to try and lift my spirits a bit.

And wouldnt you know it, chucking spinners with a 7ft spinning combo, Buddy lands a gorgeous 5lb steelie. A few minutes later, while laughing about getting a steelie when we finally decide NOT to fish for them, BAM. I hook into a monster. After a long fight and a sore shoulder, we see a TANK. She must have been a warrior. She was all banged up, looked like she had been around the block once or twice. We finally net her, she looks to be in the 17-20lb range. Biggest steelhead ive ever caught and seen. As I pick her up ever-so-gently from the net to snap my fish of a lifetime photo, she decides that she isnt quite ready to give up. SPLASH. Back to freedom she goes.

So now all I have is a sore shoulder, and yet another "huge fish story"

:wall:

Isn't fishing fantastic? hahaha

Next Time!

That same thing happened to me, with the BIGGEST BROWN I ever had.

About a month ago.

Cept, I had em right on the shore, on a mound above the river.

Just as I was hovering with the camera (Above), it bucked up... fell down into the river and bolted.

I believe YOU! and after seeing some of those MUSKIE shots you posted.

No worries .... looks like you get em another day.

Good Luck!

Archived