St. Catharines to Port Maitland

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Woke up this AM at 04:15,dewatered the dog and checked the winds,then rechecked other sites,I was hoping to get out on lake Erie,so I was on the road by 04:30. against my better judgement I headed to P.M. Stopping at for some minnows. Then down to the lake,the steam coming out of the soap factory's stack,was on a 90D angle to the stack. Arriving at the launch to see rollers, small but never the less they were there and the winds were forecast to build through the day. Sooooooo of to Port Weller,arriving there around 08:00 near a 100 miles return trip. Launched and headed to the front of the canal,

PW1008.jpg

trolled around there for anhour,then headed to the Niagara Bar inside. Dropped the D.Riggers down,water was not as dirty as I'd thought it would be for the high SW winds we had. Trolled out to the bouy checked my lines some grass on them. Marked schools of big fish on the Canadian side. Tried flatlining for awhile,got fed up,winds were building fast and I was off the water by 11:30. More driving this AM then fishing! B)

Denis

I found another broken rod in the boat,I''ll bring her down next visit. :(

Sounds like you had a great day! After driving for a 100 miles this mornin,I really wasn't into fishing much.

I was looking for your boat, did you pull it or did it sink B) I hear big salmon are jumping off of the fuel docks.

Don't bet against my Williams,if i have to drag it around all day/week/month I will prove that it works in that river. Heck it caught 3 Muskey last winter on the Niagara,a few bass this spring, i'm scared using it,you never know what it will attract :(

The last time I used a Williams in the Niagara, nothing was happening until I put the rod down to whiz. :( Halfway through my business I almost lost the rod (fishing rod that is) and had to think fast to do two things at once. Anyways it was a big sheepshead proving Brians theory that you never know what you'll get when fishing with a Williams. B)

Brian, that is a hard day of fishing and driving! Sounds like my luck lately B) . I think it will be time for the Bar soon, when does that Laker season open again, Dec.1st ?

I'll let you know about work or lack there of it I hope on Mon., And we'll go fish that muddy river. Not so sure about the Williams though :( .

Yes Brian sad to say but my baby is sitting in the driveway now  B) i think u guys will have a great laker season when it opens again .they are stacked like cordwood off the bar 122 fow .

1200[/snapback]

Sad yes.

Opening of laker season,Nov1 on the American side L.O..

Denis and I were looking at the Lake Erie Regs (American side) Seems there is NO closed season. :(

Steve you need to get yourself a near shore charter boat for drifting the inside of the Niagara Bar. Not fiberglass though that material doesn't like icebergs

Feb12thBarIce.jpg

We did well off the bar in 122 fow 90 down got 2 salmon lost 2 .couldn't keep the lakers off the lines boated 8 and lost a few .

1179[/snapback]

Steve

Did you catch anything on those *cough* *cough* that I gave you?

Archived