Tips 4 Whirlpool On The Fly

snakeman4

anyone feel like sharing some tips or tricks that have worked for them or others down at the whirlpool? i fish flies and streamers under a float with my spinning rod but seen a few others on the fly down at the pool lately. never reallly knew where to start with the fly rod down there. I have a 7 weight rod with floating line and fast sinking leader and a general assortment of flies from local tackle shop. and if anyone wants to be real generous and toss some flies and knowledge down there with me some time im free all day everyday (layed off for winter) lol.

Old tapered leader with float (thill ice & fly) on it about 3-4' long to a micro swivel, shot line about 1 and a 1/2 the length of the shallowest you intend to fish to another micro swivel, flouro leader about 18" designing on clarity... Bulk your shot just above the bottom swivel...

Hope that helps

All the best

Derek

I was going to say that, I have a hard enough time catching fishing there, but then again I only go may 2-5 times a year mainly in summer for bass, I have lost a lot of fish though.

Archived