Port Dalhousie Over Christmas Break

durkin09

Came home to southern Ontario for Christmas and was able to get out to Port Dalhousie fishing a bunch of times. Fishing was great and I think the total count was 70 fish in 5 outings. Even with changing current and wind conditions we were able to stay on the fish and get into double digits every day. It was nice to be home and glad the brown trout co-operated. One surprise was landing a pike! I have caught hundreds of trout in Port D and this was the first time I landed a pike, pretty cool. Not too many rainbows, only 4 total. Also, nothing too big, the biggest was about 10lbs. Here's some pics.

PC300035.jpgPC300034.jpgPC300031.jpgPC300030.jpgPC260028.jpg

One of the favourite baits - tied myself.

PC260027.jpgP1050046.jpgP1050044.jpgP1040039.jpgPC260025.jpg

Nice Durkin.. nice way to come back to niagara.... good to see your still at it bud..

Cliff

Thanks Cliff, good to see you are back in charge of a Niagara region fishing forum. I'm living in Calgary now but come home periodically to visit... and fish of course!

Those are Nice fish good way to enjoy the holidays

What was use for bait 1 looks like a corky and a fly

would like to try your techniques in Georgian Bay if you don't mind sharing.

Again awesome post.

Those are Nice fish good way to enjoy the holidays

What was use for bait 1 looks like a corky and a fly

would like to try your techniques in Georgian Bay if you don't mind sharing.

Again awesome post.

Corkey and a Niagara streamer looks like to me..and yes they work wonders on the bighead ,geen and the beaver..

Corkey and a Niagara streamer looks like to me..and yes they work wonders on the bighead ,geen and the beaver..

Yup. Couple different colours of streamers were hot, plastics (berkley gulp! and powerbait smelts in 3" and 4") and live minnows. Basically anything that looked like a minnow worked. Mind you its not just about the bait, boat control and presentation is so important to getting good numbers of fish.

Archived