Crappies in the welland River

Guest Perch man

Guest Perch man

Went down to the river to kill some time to day and ended up getting tones of big crappies 2 were big slabes and some bass and perch. I will be back on saterday

All fish were let go :(

tight lines jeff

Hey Perchman where bouts were you? I was by forkes creek and later by government ditch fri. and didn't run into anyone. Caught some small crappie and a descent pike. Still a little slow for plastic baits live would work better right now.

Ok, now I can put a face to the name. I did not know you were on the board. I did not go to colbeck cr. it usually only produces in the spring , it is good to know they are still there. I will have to try it after midnights this week. As the temps drop Forkes creek should turn on as they fatten up for the winter. TTYL. Thanxgiving dinner #1 awaits.

Guest twister

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and all I can say is awesome! Finally a place where we can share info and pick up some tips on the fantastic fishing we have here in Niagara. I love fishin for crappies but I usually just target them in the spring. I Didn't know that they could be caught in the fall as well. I'm not too familiar with Welland so I was hoping someone could tell me where Forks creek is, I just can't wait until next spring to catch another slab. Thanks :lol:

Archived