Want To Hunt Bears In Simcoe Or Port Dover ?

Frank81

i used to live in london, and dutton area, i remember it like it was yesterday when the bear they mentioned in the article was snooping around in london, and they had to shoot it, the only reason they shot it was because no one in the area is trained to deal with bears, it wasnt even bothering or coming to close to anyone. maybe now they'll start training people, job creation??

Being bear wise is always great to know, but growing up between Niagara Region and North of Huntsville is like living in two different worlds when it comes to wild animals and as much as I respect the animals and nature (especially bears and moose) they still bother the crap out of me when enjoying the outdoors up there lol

In Niagara we pretty much walk freely through our parks, fields and fishing holes without much fear other than getting sprayed by a skunk. Although I think it is neat that animals make their come back to their old stomping grounds where their ancestors once roamed but I think I rather have that piece of mind when hiking our parks & trails south of the 401.

haha Hammercarp, cats must be the secret weapon, cause dogs are known to occasionally make the situation worse.

AwolRJ, my guess on the reason that bears don't cross Lake Erie is the fact that they hibernate during the winter, ....lol....just sayin. :)

Archived