Whats A Good Fish Finder/gps Combo For A Good Value?

BrendanMitchell

just picked up a 16ft aluminum boat and i wanted a decent fish finder/gps for it but didnt wanna blow my budget. i dont mind spending 200 if its good quality but since i have never had one before i have no idea where to start. can some of the more experianced anglers on this forum help me out!

i dont have info to give about this cause i dont have one myself, but I know its always good practice to go to a fishing shop or sports/outdoors shop and look at what they have on their shelves (most of the time shops will have the models within the yr there so you'll see up-to-date models). Some of them are good to physically look at, then you can shop around for better price. Also refurbished units (if your able to find) or slightly used ones is another option.

http://radioworld.ca/fishing-products-c-161_493.html

If you can make it out to the HWY 400/steeles area, nobody beats the prices at radioworld. $200 is a little low for a unit that also has GPS, but you can get probably a decent sonar/ fishfinder in that range. Checkout the website anyway to get an idea on pricing. Sometimes you can find a decent used unit on Kijiji as well.

Hi brendan,I think you would have to come up with a bit more$$ to get a combo unit(even used).I would suggest focusing more on making sure it is a colour unit so you can read bottom structure better unless you are setting up a trolling boat the bottom is not as important.You have Lot's of time to shop around & compare & save to upgrade.I do not want to talk you into anything but i have a hummingbird 586C unit that i will be upgrading to a $1000 unit possibly IF you are interested.Talk to a few others & see what is the best for your budget.I would stick with lowrance or hummingbird though!

best bang for your buck on the market is the lowrance elite-5 gold package for 599.99 right now and then 100 dollar rebate, its a colour fishfinder/gps combo and it comes with the chip(289.99 on its own) and the chip covers the great lakes and the trent severn system. you can get different models as well which are usually in the higher price range and then chips as well are extra. soon we will have an elite-4 gold package which offers basically the same thing just on a small unit and that will retail for 399.99 i believe. come down to grimsby tackle and check out the different models we will show you how to navigate through them and the mapping systems.

200.00 is certainly not enough in todays market... you might find a base model fish finder for that.... my suggestion? save up some funds.. and get a decent unit... I am also not a fan of dual purpose units... which is why I have separate GPS and Sonar on the boat...

hey just a snag what were u asking for you unit you are replacing, and miller i would love to come down and check that out. when will it be in and what are your store hours?

I will give it to you for $150.It is 2 1/2 years old,colour,works perfect,with the manual.There is no rush so think it over.It will be mounted on my boat for now.

Archived