Trolling For Rainbows

GonChiffin

Hey guys I'm interested in trying for some post spawn bows from the yak this spring but im new to the whole trolling from the kayak thing. Was wondering if anyone had any advice to help me out.. Im looking to get a rod holder set up but not sure if I should be looking into a locking set up since ive seen bows smack spoons pretty hard when trolling in a boat. Also wondering if people are using dipsy divers or anything like that to get baits down deep

I know you are in a great spot to fish shallow shorline area in lake O for browns & other odd trout/salmon right now.The area between jordan-grimsby is hot right now with body baits in 5-20 fow.A rod holder is a must for those bow's & if you are lucky enough for a spring KING.Please be safe in that thing,especially in the big water!

I'm finding the Live Target Rainbow Smelt is kickin azz right now on the browns and chromers near huron shorelines. Been pullin the small mid depth one anywhere within a 1/4 mile of the river mouths. Should be the same over your way.

DSCF0542.jpg

Both the browns and steelies have been chrome bright so far but the bigger ones haven't shown up in numbers yet.

• 1 month later...

Archived