Fishing at Lake Moodie, Sat Report

Guest bigfishbass

Guest bigfishbass

:(

Welp I ventured out today with my brother to Lake Moodie...never been there before so thought I would give it a try. For the exception of the WIND B) it was a nice morning. (I hate fishing in the wind) Didn't catch anything but finally found out how to get to the lake. We also fished the river in the currents by the bridge off Decew road for pike..saw a few but it looked like they weren't biting at all. Met some guys that were fishing for carp.... I guess they didn't see the BIG signs.... DO NOT EAT THE CARP.... they had no luck either. Well that's my report for Sat. Hope fully others had more luck than me. Next time off to the Welland River....for some crappie I think.

Cheers :D

Chris

Guest bigfishbass

along the walk to the lake you cross a creek that is about 3 feet deep...if you stand on the bridge.. there is lots of bass to catch. We tried there, but the water was very stired up from the wind. All we saw was the bass and carp swimming buy us. They were so close you could reach in a grab them.

Guest bigfishbass

if your traveling west on decew road from merritville hwy you will come to a bridge crossing the river. Prior to crossing the bridge (East side) to the right, there is a path that is part of the Bruce Trail...walk along that path and take the paths that lead to the left.....you will come up to the creek and a wooden bridge...that is the creek where the bass are. To get to Moodie lake cross the wooden bridge and take an immediate left on the trail keep walking and it opens up to the lake. If you need further direction pm me or email.

chris. :lol:

Guest Gill Finigan

Tried the creek today. Didn't see much in the creek, but decided trying the mouth of the creek. Had a monster smallie hit a senko, he jumped and spit the hook back at me. Was close to a 5lbs'er. Then i proceeded to lose another that i never saw but felt pretty good. Finally landed a nice 18 1/2" smallie and a chubby sheephead. All were caught or atlest hooked on Senko's

Archived